KICKS is the Nordics region’s leading beauty retailer and offers a comprehensive concept in makeup, fragrance, skin care and hair care. With well-trained beauty experts in 250 stores in Sweden, Norway and Finland and a highly visited online store, KICKS offers personal and inspirational beauty services and around 30,000 products from 300 brands. KICKS is part of the Axel Johnson Group.
We have over 2.9 million very engaged members, we wanted them to come to KICKS for a different experience by offering them a place where they can get tips, inspiration, test products, benefit from our Beauty Experts’ advice and chat with other beauty junkies. For us, it’s an opportunity to get to know our customers better, understand what engages them and get authentic content in our own brand space.
KICKS adopted a test & learn approach to recruit members for its Beauty Talks community and leveraged multiple channels:
- KICKS Club page (loyalty program)
- Signposting on the website
- Pop-ups on the website to highlight competitions
- Communications about activities
KICKS runs a wide range of activities to drive customers to share UGC and interact with each other, keeping them engaged over time:
- Product testing & reviews is the most popular
- Challenges and competitions with brands
- Virtual events like masterclasses and in-store events
- A community chat and themed discussion groups to get advice & recommendations from others
- Contributions from in-store beauty experts or influencers
- Surveys to get rapid insights and feedback on products
Beauty Talks members can create their own skincare and makeup kits to showcase their beauty routines.
The products used are tagged in the community, allowing members to easily purchase them.
KICKS also displays community-created beauty kits on its product pages to bring more authenticity and trust.
We were very positively surprised by how much customers enjoy helping each other out! Our Beauty Talks community has given so much content and insights that we can reuse and we’re happy to see that members have a higher conversion and AOV. We’ve also learnt a lot from TokyWoky’s expertise in developing brand communities, especially in how to recruit members and get them to come back. We can’t wait to see how much more we can do with the upcoming new features!